Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Nutella Cheesecake Swirled Brownies

Who doesn't love brownies? I do, but as lately I am trying to stay away from box mixes, I decided to really experiment tonight. The box mix of this recipe is a favorite of mine, so tonight I am giving it a whirl to see if I can make it from scratch! Let me tell you right now, it was worth it. This will absolutely be a go to recipe for me!



What you will need:
Brownies:

  • 1 small container of Nutella
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
Filling:
  • 1 8oz pack of cream cheese
  • 1 egg 
  • 1/2 cup sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I went ahead and greased my pan so that I could pour the brownies straight into the pan. Put all of the ingredients for the brownies into the bowl and use an electric mixer to mix them until there are no lumps. The Nutella is very thick, so I would recommend using a mixer with this. 


TaDa! Homemade Nutella brownie mix! 




Now set this aside and start in on the cheesecake mix. Stick the cream cheese in the microwave for about a minute to soften it up. Then separate your egg yolk from your egg white. The easy way to do this is with a water bottle, like so:




Squeeze the bottle GENTLY and when you lift it up, wait for the egg white to fall out by itself. 

Put the yolk in with the cream cheese and mix it until smooth. 


Now mix the sugar in with the cream cheese and egg yolk. Whip the egg white with a fork until it thickens and gets bubbles. 


Now with the fork, gently stir the egg white in with the cheesecake mixture. Take your time on this, if you do it too fast the mixture won't be as fluffy I found. 


Now for the fun part. This is personally my favorite. Spoon the cheesecake mix on top of the brownies- no need to try and make it neat and pretty. 






With a knife, swirl the cheesecake mix around gently. I have fun with this part :). It will look something like this when you're done:


Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, depending on how gooey you want your brownies. (Personally I like my brownies soft and gooey) Let them cool completely before cutting and serving so that the cheesecake doesn't crumble. 


Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow, comment, like and share! 


No comments:

Post a Comment