Friday, October 16, 2015

Rosy Skull Halloween Wreath

I love this wreath. I made this one for a friend who saw something like it, so I did some stuff of my own to make it special :).


This is the final project!

                                                               
                                                               


What you need:
  • Black wreath 
  • Fake roses
  • Skulls
  • Black glitter
  • Spray adhesive 
  • Hot glue & scissors 
First thing you'll need to do is pull all of the roses and leaves off of the stems. I only used the dark colored leaves from this bunch. Set the leaves aside, they will be last minute space fillers to do at the end. 

Take the black glitter and fill the bottom of a paper bowl with glitter. No need for a lot because you only want the tips of the roses to have glitter.

                                   
















Spray the rose with the spray adhesive. The spray adhesive is VERY sticky, so be aware. Dip the rose barely into the glitter. Don't push it hard because again you just want the tips of the roses to have glitter on them. They will look something like this:




After dipping all of the roses set them aside to dry. Grab your wreath and start figuring out where you want the skulls to be. This is what I came up with: 


Glue them down well. It took me a good amount of glue to secure them, you'll have roses around their face in the end so don't worry about glopping the glue on. Once these are secure in place start arranging the roses. There is really no uniform way to do this, just start sticking them down and work from there. 



I started with arranging them around the skulls, once those are in place just start filling in the spaces! 



Now for the leaves. I didn't glitter dip these because I felt that would be too much. Once I put the leaves on I did go back with the hot glue and glue things to each other not just to the wreath. I sprayed the whole thing with hairspray to make sure the glitter would stay in place. And Voila! 



Thanks for reading! Happy Crafting! Don't forget to like, comment, follow, and share! 









No comments:

Post a Comment