Monday, October 12, 2015

Stuffed Crock Pot Monkey Bread

So lately I have tried stuffing literally everything I cook. It just makes it so much more fun to make and eat.. and I'm all about the fun.

I've seen lots of recipes for monkey bread, and to be honest I didn't even know what monkey bread was until my fellow lady friends started making it, and I've seen a few make it in the crock pot, so this recipe is a combination of about three different recipes with something I tried on my own. So here goes.



These are the ingredients I started with. I used one can of biscuits because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but if you're planning on making this for a few people, I would definitely double the measurements I'm about to put in, because once everything was cooked, it just covered the bottom of the crock pot, not enough to feed more than about three people.
Also, the cream cheese shown here I ended up changing. Use regular cream cheese. One block of cream cheese is more than enough for this recipe.




Ok first thing, slice the biscuits into quarters. I used a pizza cutter, feel free to do your own thing :). Once you've got all of them sliced, take a chunk of cream cheese and plop it in the middle. I tried to start off using a table spoon, but you're going to end up just using your fingers. Just wash your hands, you'll be fine. Once it's done, pinch the biscuits close, try to get all the dough closed off because you'll be moving the dough around in the crock pot and you want them to stay together.





CAREFULLY coat the dough in melted butter no measurements here, just enough to fill the bowl for coating. Now for the brown sugar/cinnamon/sugar mixture, I used about two cups of brown sugar, three tablespoons granulated sugar, and then two table spoons of cinnamon. Mix it all together with a fork (helps with the brown sugar clumping) then move the dough from the butter to the sugar mixture. WARNING: YOUR HANDS WILL GET MESSY. Don't try to keep the sugar out of the butter bowl because it's not going to happen. 


Ok, all of your happy dough drops are in the crock pot. What I did with the extras, I put whatever was left from the cream cheese into the sugar mixture and mixed it together with an electric mixer. I just dropped it all in with the dough, because well, its cream cheese and brown sugar so can you ever really have enough? The answer is no, you cannot. 

Cook on low for two hours, I stirred after the first hour and then at thirty minutes. Because the dough on the edges will cook faster than the ones in the middle, so I stirred it carefully ( because you don't want the uncooked dough to break and fall apart). 

But once this was all done it was SO GOOD. The only thing I would do differently is maybe using a little more cream cheese in the center. Because once the biscuits baked, there was hardly any in there. other than that it was the perfect first attempt at monkey bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment