Sunday, October 18, 2015

Homemade Iced Coffee

I have recently discovered the glory that is iced coffee. Frozen coffee drinks are great, but for me iced coffee is where it's at. It just so happens that the closest place to get iced coffee to my workplace is McDonalds, and they are not the most reliable in order accuracy. So here is my adaptation of making iced coffee at home.

You're going to start with a bag of ground coffee, pour it in a bin. I just used a medium plastic bin.




Now pour in two gallons of water. Cover and let steep for eight hours. 


NOW once the eight hours is up, grab another bin and place a small strainer. Place some paper towels (or cheesecloth) and start straining into the new bin. (This may take a while, good music helps)




After this is done, take the strained coffee and transfer to a pitcher and stick in the fridge. I had to use two because I used the whole coffee bag this time. Usually I make half and only have to use one.



Now onto making the drink. (The best part)

I like to start off with a little caramel syrup in the bottom, it adds a little bit of extra flavor. Then fill half of the glass with ice. 




Then fill it halfway with coffee, and the other half with milk, OR if you don't want to think about the calorie count you can use half and half. Either is good. Now add the desired amount of sugar. and stir :)







Now to top off this gift from the heavens, add some whipped cream and drizzle some extra sauce, and there ya go! This turned out a little better than the fast food version anyway. Let me know how it turned out for you! 





Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow, comment, like and share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment