Sunday, November 1, 2015

What To Do With That Leftover Halloween Candy!

This was almost as fun to make as it was to eat! I have been looking for a recipe to do for Halloween all October, and found a lot of people making candy bark for Halloween parties. Well then I thought, why not use all that leftover Halloween candy to make the same thing? So here goes! I changed it up a little bit, let me know how it works out for you!


Oh my at that mountain of chocolaty goodness. 

What you will need:
  • Milk chocolate chips-2 cups
  • White chocolate chips-1 cup 
  • Sweetened condensed milk-2/3 can
  • Halloween candy 
  • Icing ( If desired )
  • Sprinkles ( If desired )

This starts out like the microwave fudge recipe I posted a few weeks ago (see blog archive on the right side of the page). Start off with two cups of milk chocolate chips and one cup of white chocolate chips. 


Add 2/3 can of the condensed milk I decided to add the condensed milk because it makes the frozen chocolate a little bit softer than if you didn't use it at all. You can do without it (still microwave the chocolate for one minute) it just makes the chocolate a little harder once it's frozen. 


Microwave it for one minute and stir. It will get thick and hard to stir. I left the white chocolate swirls in the chocolate because I liked how it looked, but feel free to do your own thing :). 


Use a spoon and put the chocolate mixture on to a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. with the backside of the spoon, flatten it out over the cookie sheet. 




Now for the candy!! I ended up cutting the candy bars into smaller pieces, and the M&Ms of course I left whole. 






Push them deep enough to stick into the chocolate but not so deep that the candy touches the bottom. For the icing topping I used writing icing and swirled it all over the place, in no certain order. 


After the icing, slap some sprinkles on that puppy and stick it in the freezer for an hour. You want to make sure the chocolate sheet is very firm so you can cut and break it into pieces. 






After the chocolate is firm, the last thing to do break it into pieces. I used a pizza cutter and my hands and broke t up in sections. After the whole sheet is broken up, I put the pieces into the freezer for another thirty minutes to make sure they were as hard as they could get! 


Holy Halloween candy. Could this get anymore amazing looking? 




Feast your eyes. This was so good, I might not even need the excuse of extra candy to make it. Enjoy! 



Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow, like, share and comment! 

1 comment: