Wednesday, November 4, 2015

No-Bake Caramel Apple Snickers Pie

I saw this recipe on my "Yummy Things" Pinterest board from way back when. So I decided to give it a go, as always I did change a few things and put my own spin on it! According to my taste testers, it only made it better! I was a little worried about mixing Snickers and apples, but how can you go wrong with chocolate and caramel? This recipe was the perfect way to bring an end to that hot weather!! HELLO FALL!




What you will need:
  • 9 graham crackers 
  • Cinnamon ( 1/2 tbsp)
  • Butter (5 tbsp)
  • 2 apples
  • 1 bag of fun sized Snickers bars
  • Cream cheese ( 4 oz.)
  • Condensed milk ( 1/4 cup)
  • Cool whip (  2 1/2 cups)
  • Caramel syrup topping

Start off with making the crust. Since I have sworn off box mixes (I am testing myself) I made this crust from scratch, but I have nothing against the premade crusts or the pre mixed ones you just add butter to. For the homemade crust, I used my food processor to grind up the graham crackers. You could also put them in a ziploc and run over it with a glass or a rolling pin. But as a side note: if you don't have a food processor you should get one! Seriously, aside from the mixer its the best thing!! ANYWAY, after grinding the crackers, put them in a bowl with the melted butter and the cinnamon. I used a fork to mix it! 


This is about what it will look like when it is done! 

Now put the crust mixture into a pie pan. This measurement makes enough to fill a 9 inch pan with thin crust, I'm not a crust type of gal so I make my crust pretty thin. However if you're using a bigger pan or if you like your crust a little thick, you need to adjust the recipe! 
I know some people that like to use the bottom of a glass to smush their pie crust down, but that has never worked for me so I just wash my hands super well and use my fingers! 




Now put the crust in the fridge while you make the filling. Since this is a no-bake pie, it needs to chill before you start filling it. SIDE NOTE: This crust recipe will also work for baked pies!

Now for the longest part of this recipe. You must unwrap and dice the snickers. I ended up dicing all but four of my Snickers and it was perfect, so you could probably do the whole bag and be fine. 
Once I diced my apples I spritzed some lemon juice on them because I wasn't serving this until the next day. If you're going to serve this pie same day then you can do without the lemon juice. 




Now pour one into the other (doesn't matter which) it's much easier to mix these with the fork before you put them into the crust. 



Once you've got the filling inside the crust, drizzle some caramel syrup on top!

The whipped topping is the last thing to make, and its SO YUMMY

Melt down the cream cheese and them combine it with the condensed milk and the Cool Whip. I used an electric mixer for this, but you could just as well use a spatula! It is thick enough where it spreads on top of the apple Snickers filling very easily! 


Now drizzle some caramel syrup on top and you are done! I did have an extra apple in the fridge so I sliced it up and used it as a little decoration but that is certainly not needed! 




Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow, like, comment, and share! Have a fabulous day!!









No comments:

Post a Comment